I gathered my friends and family to watch the episode of Food Network’s Guy’s Grocery Games that I had the honor of being on, episode 2 of season 2, “Caught In The Middle”, the night it debuted on May 18, 2014.
Most of my family and friends had just found out I was even on going to be on the show a week or so before the debut. Nobody knew the outcome though, it was one of the hardest secrets I’ve ever kept! The excitement of winning stuck with me for months as I went about my daily life, waiting to hear the air-date and be able to finally share the excitement!
My incredibly generous friends at Spazzo Italian Grill and Wine Bar at Redmond Town Center hosted an amazing party for 50 of my closest friends and family. They put on a glorious spread of their new happy hour menu items for our guests to enjoy, plus some yummy wine of course, while we watched the show for the first time on their 70″ HDTV and two other televisions. (So this is of course the best place to watch your favorite games too!)
I have to say this has been one of the most incredible career moments of my life so far, it was an absolute joy to experience this all with my family and friends.
Thank you to all of you reaching out to me as well, I’m overwhelmed with the emails and messages from people who have watched the show that are telling me how inspired they are by my story. I will keep everyone up to date as we get closer to opening my store front with cooking classes focused on healthy home cooking, a place for families in need to come and get resources and free budget friendly healthy cooking classes, a community garden, children’s nourishment classes and more! Winning Guys Grocery Games has made it possible for me to get closer to making that dream a reality – stay tuned!
Huge thanks and respect for the 3 other chefs I had the pleasure of competing with. They are all incredibly talented and great people! Chef G, huh? He’s forever in my heart. As you probably saw on the show I had a hard time seeing him go. I wish them all the best and hope our path’s cross again in the future!
The moments were captured by several talented photographers – Pamela Bolig of Bolig Photography, Danielle Bortone-Holt of Brick House Photography and Audra Mulkern of Audra Mulkern Photography/Mulkern Services. I was styled by the talented and beautiful Shalika Martin.
Thank you also to Jamei June, host and founder of You Be You. Jamei’s site will be launching soon, capturing interviews with people who are going for their dreams and becoming what they are meant to be. I am honored to be one of her first interviews, watch her exclusive interview with me at the viewing party after the show aired.
Here is more information about Food Network’s Guys Grocery Games!
- Watch the episode “Caught In The Middle” on YouTube now!
- Watch the episode “Caught In The Middle” on iTunes now!
- Watch host Guy Fieri talk about this season of Guy’s Grocery Games!
- Check out a tour of Flavortown Market, where we taped, with host Guy Fieri!
If you’re in the Seattle/Redmond area I can’t recommend Spazzo Italian Grill & Wine Bar and The Eastside’s premier, outdoor, lifestyle center enough! You’ll find me there often, come on in yourself!
- Check out Spazzo Italian Grill & Wine Bar’s delicious offerings including their brand new Happy Hour (Redmond’s BEST Happy Hour) every day from 3-close! I always experience amazing service and food at Spazzo and their outdoor patio is simply the best place to be on a warm summer evening. Their chef’s are the best!
- Shopping for some clothes or accessories, looking for great activities for a date night or the kids, or hitting the farmers market on a Saturday? The Redmond Town Center is where you’ll find me often – check out their wonderful community yourself!
Now to the photo galleries!
Credits to Pamela Bolig of Bolig Photography
Credits to Danielle Bortone-Holt of Brick House Photography
Cheers, may your day be delicious!