Whether you’re fueling for Super Bowl, your weekend run/bike, replenishing after a good workout at the gym or just fueling for your day at the office, this smoothie is my go-to. I keep the ingredients in my refrigerator and freezer so I can have this almost every day of the week either for breakfast for a post-workout refuel.
- 1 cup milk (regular, almond, rice, hemp, etc.)
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt (substitute non-dairy yogurt if necessary)
- (For additional protein add a high quality natural protein powder of your choice)
- ½ Tb ground flax seeds
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach or kale
- 1 cup frozen or fresh fruit of your choice (I love to use frozen fruit because it keeps the smoothie frothy and creamy). My favorite is mango, berries and pineapple
- ½ banana (frozen if you’re not using frozen fruit)
Blend until smooth and enjoy!