Overnight oats are popular right now and for good reason. They are a great breakfast, lunch or snack on the go You can make several at once to keep on hand to grab and go. There are so many different variations, I love looking on Pinterest for inspiration – plus they’re just so pretty! This is my favorite go-to version because I keep my freezer stocked with the fruit in case I don’t have fresh fruit in the refrigerator, and I hope you enjoy it too.
- ½ cup regular rolled oats (gluten free if necessary)
- ½ cup plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
- ½ banana, diced
- ½ cup berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries – defrost if using frozen) or I often also use defrosted frozen dark cherries
- ½ Tb chia seeds or ground flax seeds
- 1-2 tsp honey, according to your taste
- Cinnamon to taste
- Additional milk (almond, rice or regular) as needed
Mash everything together! Add a bit of milk if necessary to make a thick, creamy consistency, remembering the oats are going to soak up all of the juices from the mashed fruit and yogurt. You want the consistency of very thick pancake batter.
Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to a few days. When you eat your overnight oats they will have become the consistency of a thick pudding, yum!